Hearing Support Service was established in January 2018 in order to continue the good work previously provided by ‘Bridging the Gap’ project, Caritas Care. Due to lack of funds the project closed at the end of 2017 after over 25 years of running.
Due to our clients concerns and needs for a local service, myself Jean and the dedicated team of long standing volunteers from the project decided to try and keep the service running. We simply request a small fee, which is kept to a minimum to cover the overheads involved in this local service provision.
- Hearing Support Service - Struggling to hear, missing out on conversations and feel left out. We offer advice on how to get your hearing tested and how to look after your hearing aids
- Drop-In Sessions - at monthly venues near you, no need for an appointment. Just pop in and one of our friendly and experienced team members will assist you
- Home Visits - available for those who may struggle to get out and about. A one to one service in your own home
- Equipment Consultation - Struggling to hear on the phone or can’t hear the TV? Advice and support on specialist equipment and demonstration of amplified telephones in your own home. Referral to supporting services if required
- Assistive Technology - Is available to help you. Advice on getting the best from your hearing aid and use of supporting technology
- Time and support for new hearing aid users - struggling to get to grips with your new hearing aid? Help is at hand, visit us at your nearest drop-in clinic or request a home visit for a more personal service