Without volunteers Hearing Support Service would not be able to provide a much needed service in West Cumbria.
If you would like to...
- Meet people and make new friends
- Join a friendly team of volunteers and join in our social events
- Give time and support to your local community
- Make a difference to the lives of people with hearing loss, many of which are elderly
- Learn new skills and gain experience to support your development
- Improve your confidence and get out more
- Give as little as 2 - 3 hours a month or more at one of our drop-in clinics
...then please consider volunteering with us, we are always happy to welcome new people to our team.
All we ask is that you:
- Are happy to undergo a DBS check
- Are reliable and trustworthy and can commit to an agreed schedule
- Are enthusiastic and willing to support the service we provide
- Are happy to work with hard of hearing and elderly people
- Are willing to undergo appropriate training
If you are interested in volunteering but not sure if it is for you or would prefer to visit us to see the work and meet the team please come along to one of the drop-in clinics or contact Jean Mason, Service Manager on 07519 670577.