Hearing Support Service (HSS) is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice sets out how we collect, use and protect your personal information.
When you provide, or we collect information by which you can be identified, then it will only be used in accordance with this notice and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) enforceable from 25th May 2018.
This notice explains:
- What information we may collect about you
- How this information is stored
- How we may use this information
- Whether we disclose this information to anyone else
By using our website, supporting or volunteering for us, or providing us with any of your personal data, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of this information you provide in ways set out in this Privacy Notice.
Within the context of this Privacy Notice ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to HSS.
What information we may collect about you
We may collect the following information for administrative purposes only:
For Drop-in Clinics
- Hospital Number as shown on your brown audiology book or registration card
- Your name and date of birth if you don’t have your Hospital Number with you
For Home Visits
- Hospital Number
- Name and contact information including postal address and telephone numbers
- Date of birth
- Carer’s contact details if applicable
- Any personal information deemed appropriate for the visit and if a referral to another service is required
- Name and contact information including postal address, email address and telephone/mobile numbers
- Date of birth
- Emergency contact information and GP
- Personal information such as medical conditions, or dietary requirements
- Financial information such as bank details so that we can process payments for out of pocket expenses
How this information is stored
Any paper based records about you are stored securely in locked cabinets and only accessed by the HSS Owner/Manager.
We do not store personal information on an electronic database.
How may we use this information
All personal information is for the purpose of arranging home visits and the management and coordination of volunteers.
The service provided for each client is collated as an anonymous record for statistical and audit purposes in order for service review and evaluation.
Whether we disclose this information to anyone else
Your Hospital Number or name and date of birth, together with the type of service you have received, i.e. type and amount of batteries issued, is shared with NHS North Cumbria University Hospitals Trust for their administration purposes. We do not require this information for our own purposes.
Your personal information will never be sold or shared with another company or charity for marketing purposes and will only be shared with another agency with your consent if a referral is required.
If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice please contact Jean Mason Tel 07519670577 or email email@example.com
This Privacy Notice will be reviewed regularly to ensure that it is up to date, relevant and in line with current legislation.